collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 102
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13030 Posts
John S John S
11303 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: US Travel Map (one for Cos)  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Wizzo

US Travel Map (one for Cos)
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:49:26 PM »
This wall map uses multi-colored translucent pegs that glow when inserted into the maps back-lit surface, dramatically illuminating your cross-country family (or work) drives and destinations.

The map is lit by a 32-watt bulb inside a black hardwood frame and light box that only extends 3″ from a wall. The map is made by Rand McNally, renowned cartographers since 1856, and depicts a 1″:1,000 mile scale version of the US. Color-matching relief show topographical changes. The map comes with 60 light pegs (10 each in six colors), allowing for a variety of different location classifications, such as places traveled, desired vacations, and more. Includes a hole punching tool and two white pegs to patch mistakes. 6′ cord plugs into AC.

Well, this is definitely a visual reminder of letting you know just how many states you have left to visit, or visited - depending on what you want the lighted pegs to represent. $249.95 to show off to visitors on just how well-traveled you are.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

Re: US Travel Map (one for Cos)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »
That is too cool!

The actual map used on it looks like the one that our office manager Laura has on the wall behind her desk to track our travels. The touble is, as much as we travel around, the map would soon look like a swiss cheese!

Just for the record, I'd have pegs in every state except Montana, North Dakota and Alaska.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »
Montana sounds a cool place. I watched  TV show about the worlds daftest laws and montana was tops.  :good:

They had this fella sitting in a car with a cop outside. He asked leo if it was ok to drink a beer when driving, that was ok, then asked could be drive along firing his magnum 44 in the air, that was ok as well, but as he went to drive off with beer and canon in hand, the cop said "put your seat belt on or i'll have to arrest you"  classic  :DD

Alaska looks a beautiful place that i wouldnt mind going to

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »
Much of Montana has no daytime speed limits, either. the same with several other western states. Wide open, flat, straight, with miles of nothing. That's why my van has the Police Interceptor package. ;)

Several other states have the same drinking/driving laws. Some bars in Louisianahave drive-up windows.

Ditto the gun laws. Several of the western states still allow cowboy style belt holsters to be worn in public. Sadly, my home state of Ohio now requires a permit for concealed carry.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »
they banned automatic weapons here in 1997 to reduce gun crime. we now live in a gun free paradise  :DD

i miss shooting. i used to be able to get a 25mm grouping at 100 meters with 10 rounds of 556  :good:

we can still use bolt action rifles and shotguns but i never liked shooting them weapons so i dont bother no more  :'(

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
Do you mean automatic or semi-auto? A special federal permit has been needed for full auto (machine guns) since the 1930's.

Claw_grrrl and I have had a running dissagreement about semi-autos for as long as we've know each other. She claims they jam and prefers wheel guns (revolvers). My good old Army issue Colt M1911M1A has never, NEVER jammed! Just keep it clean and oiled!
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
i meant semi auto. i view all self loading weapons as automatic, they either fire fully or semi auto, soz or misunderstanding, laws were the same here, only the military were allowed to have fully auto weapons.

i found automatics jammed a lot, but that was usually when i was switched to full auto and firing 30 round bursts and it was reloading faster than it could eject the empty shell, but on semi auto / single shot it never jammed on me

i like your pistol and prefer magazine fed weapons because you can hold more rounds, and if you look after your weapon and keep it cleaned and oiled it'll look after you and shouldnt jam but...the IRA made a foiled attempted to kidnap Princess Anne in the early 1970s and the police protecting her were using semi auto pistols. Apparently one of them jammed after firing a single round, so they now all use revolvers instead as they cant take the chance of their weapon jamming again

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 04:00:40 PM »
Law enforcement over here have gone the opposite way. Over the past decade most of them have gone from the old S & W 38 Police and Super Police revovlers to 9 mm Glock semi autos.

By the way, my 380 PPK has never jammed on me either. (And, yes, I did buy it because you-know-who carried one ;) )
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 11:19:03 PM »
 :DD :DD :good:

i used to carry a ppk now and then because of u know who as well  :DD :DD :good:

if they hadnt banned them here i'd have a SIG 552 commando now.  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle