collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 116
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13030 Posts
John S John S
11303 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bottas & Massa retained for 2015  (Read 2389 times)

guest3164

Bottas & Massa retained for 2015
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »
What's the saying, first it giveth and then taketh away (okay, it was the Queen's of the Stone Age)...

So, it Williams gave me joy by announcing Bottas is retained for 2015 and then promptly took away some of that joy by saying Massa is hanging on too.  It could be worse, of course, just an uninspiring second choice and I would have thought our form throughout the season could have attracted some new sponsors and thus a new driver, but I guess Felipe's contract was too tight to squeeze out of.   

Offline Scott

Re: Bottas & Massa retained for 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »
Yeah, not too pleased about the Massa re-sign, but I guess as long as he doesn't cost them that much, he hasn't really done wrong this season...for the most part kept the paint on the car.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:36:21 PM »
I am happy about it, as I still support him.

He is, in essence, a WDC, having lost it by a single point in the last race of a season that saw him suffer with pit crew errors (Singapore - lost 10 pts in all likelihood).  That having been said, he has had almost all of the problems with the car this season compared to his teammate.

I think Williams is smart enough to know how to go about business, and while there may be other drivers in the mix who could possibly give them better results, I don't see the problem being with their drivers at present.

They are just 10 points behind Ferrari in the Constructor's Championship and should leap-frog them today into third.  Had they not have had so many problems/issues with Massa's car, they would be up competing with Red Bull for second place right now.  I realize that most of that has come by way of Bottas,  but had Massa's car not had the problems . . .  Ferrari is only just ahead of them because of Alonso, as Kimi has not performed very well and has suffered very little with car problems.

I used to see a LOT of complaining about Massa not deserving a seat at Ferrari.  Why is it that I am not seeing the same about Kimi?  Just sayin' . . .
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
I'll side with J. Clark on this one. I think Massa's long experience has probably helped Williams return to their former winning ways.

Besides, Williams is having their best season in years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »
Bottas yes but for what ever reason I've never been
a Massa fan.I would have liked to have seen Rosberg
when the title and then go to Williams.....I can't see
Nico having a pleasant relationship in the future at Merc
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
The boys on NBC in America seem to think if anyone leaves Mercedes it will be Hamilton not Rosberg. For what it's worth.
Lonny

Offline Vince

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
I wonder how many times Maldonado has come away from a GP this year and once alone in his hotel room or whatever can be heard banging his head against the nearest available wall?
The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
Murray Walker

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »
I wonder how many times Maldonado has come away from a GP this year and once alone in his hotel room or whatever can be heard banging his head against the nearest available wall?

:DD :DD :DD     :crazy:  |-(

Mind you I also wonder if Frank wishes he was still in his car?
Pastor has already proved he can win in F1, which most drivers never manage, the chances of seeing Williams on the top step again this season would be much higher, IMHO.  ;) 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
Really?  After watching Massa and Bottas this year, you think Maldo would have brought them more points?  I don't think so.  The problem with Maldo in a fast car is if he does get behind, he gets crazy, and is less likely to finish.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »
Scotty, Scotty!  :stop: I never said Maldo would bring more points, just the winning possibility.  ::) 

Frank is old school and he would trade a couple of places in the constructors to get one or two wins, it's the new corporate strategy at Williams that's pushing the more points is better argument.  :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:33:37 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »
I think once Bottas gets his first win it will do
wonders for his confidence......and knowing you
can win is major in the mindset
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Vince

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
I think once Bottas gets his first win it will do
wonders for his confidence......and knowing you
can win is major in the mindset

I totally agree - mind you, he's there or thereabouts already, isn't he regarding confidence? I mean he's already making some of the existing 'big guns' look a bit tame...
The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
Murray Walker

guest3164

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 09:32:10 PM »
Maldonado got one win and that made up most of his points for that season.  It was an incredible win for him and for the team, I was delighted, but it made me wonder how many points were lost that season, I think the car was probably very good but him and Senna just wasted it.  You don't win a race on a track as well known to the teams as Barcelona unless you have a fundamentally solid car.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »
Definitely the right move by Williams.  Bottas has the makings of a champion and Massa has the experience Williams still needs right now.  For me, this was a very good decision.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle